How to Open the Canon IJ Printer Utility on a Mac?
Canon IJ Scan Utility is a scan and print tool supported only for the Canon printers. This tool allows you to perform printer maintenance and modify printer settings. Before knowing how to open the Canon IJ printer utility on a Mac, read the instructions given below to know how to get this tool.
Canon IJ Scan Utility For Mac
- On your Mac, ensure that you have a stable Internet connection before launching the default browser.
- Visit the official Canon site and enter your printer’s model number in the search panel.
- Select the one that comes at the top in the search result and click the Go button.
- You will be now directed to the product support page.
- Click the Drivers & Downloads tab and choose your macOS version from the drop-down menu.
- Head to the Drivers tab and locate the CUPS driver.
- After selecting the CUPS driver, click the Download button to get the Canon IJ Printer Utility on your Mac.
- Wait until the download is completed.
- After completing the download, double-click the downloaded file and create a disk image on the desktop.
- Open the created disk image from the desktop and complete the software installation.
Canon IJ Network Scanner EX
The IJ Network Scanner Selector EX can be enabled for your printer. Download the MP Navigator EX, as the network scanner selector is an added feature for the MP Navigator EX. It allows you to scan documents into your computer using a network connection.
- On your Mac, click the Apple menu at the top-left corner and select System Preferences.
- Click the Printers & Scanners icon in the System Preferences window and select your printer’s name from the left-side panel.
- Choose Options & Supplies and click the Utility tab.
- Click the Open Printer Utility button to launch the Canon IJ Printer Utility.
- Alternatively, you can open this tool by selecting the Canon Utilities folder from Applications and double-clicking the Canon IJ Printer Utility icon.
- If you are not clear with how to open the Canon IJ Printer Utility on a Mac, click the Call button on this page and our technical experts will help you.
You have now seen how to get the Canon IJ Printer Utility on your Mac. To know how to open the Canon IJ Printer Utility, follow the quick steps given below.