ij start canon g3010 setup
Canon PIXMA G3010 is a multifunctional wireless ink tank printer. You can print, scan, and copy using the same device. It is compact and specially designed for home and small office usage. This printer supports double-sided (duplex) printing technology. On this page, we’ll guide you to set up the Canon PIXMA G3010 printer by yourself.
What’s In The Box:
- Canon PIXMA G3010 Printer.
- Power Cord.
- Setup CD-ROM.
- Two Cartridges (Color & Black).
- Four Ink Bottles – Black, Cyan, Magenta, and Yellow.
- Safety and Important Information.
- Getting Started Guide.
Unboxing the Canon G3010 Printer:
- First, take the Canon printer out of the box and place it on a flat surface.
- Remove all the orange protective tape from around the Canon printer.
- Open the scanning unit, remove the protective materials, and also remove the orange protective tape from inside the scanning unit.
- Close the scanning unit.
Steps To Install Ink Cartridges:
- Open the scanning unit and then open the cartridge locking cover to insert the cartridge.
- Now, take both the cartridges out of the package.
- Hold the cartridge on its side and remove the orange protective tape.
- Insert the Color cartridge on the left and the Black cartridge on the right side of the cartridge holder.
- Close the cartridge locking cover and press the cover until it snaps.
- Press both the joint buttons to lock the cartridges firmly.
- Now, connect one end of the supplied power cord to the Canon printer and the other end to the electrical outlet.
- Press the printer’s Power button to turn it ON.
Steps To Fill The Ink Tanks:
- Ensure that the Canon printer is turned ON.
- Make sure that the ink icon and ‘0’ are displayed on the LCD screen.
- To fill the ink tank, you have to open the scanning unit.
- Lift the scanning until it locks in the open position, and then open the left-side tank cover.
- Remove the cap from the ink tank.
- Take the Black ink bottle from the package and open the cap.
- Align the Black ink bottle nozzle into the inlet and gently raise the ink bottle.
- Do not squeeze the ink bottle; the ink will now pour into the tank and will automatically fill the ink tank.
- Once the ink tank is filled, take the bottle out of the tank, replace the tank cap, and then close the ink tank cover.
- Repeat this process for the other three ink tanks on the right side of the printer.
- Follow the pattern mentioned above for these ink tanks from left to right-Cyan, Magenta, and Yellow.
- The ink bottle is designed to fit into the corresponding ink tank nozzle.
- Once the ink filling process is complete, close the scanning unit.
Steps to Load Paper:
- To load the paper into the Canon printer, first, open the paper support.
- Slide the right paper guide to the end.
- Start loading paper such that the print side faces up.
- You need to slide the right paper guide so that it gets aligned with the paper stack’s side.
- Next, pull the paper output tray until it stops, and then open the output tray extension.
Steps To Install Drivers:
- Insert the given Setup CD-ROM into the CD drive of your computer. Follow the on-screen instructions to finish the printer driver installation.
- In case your computer does not have a CD drive, you can download and install the drivers from the official Canon support website.
- Go to the Downloads folder and double-click the latest downloaded file in the folder. This will be the driver file.
- Complete the rest of the on-screen instructions to finish the driver installation.
The entire Canon PIXMA G3010 setup is now over.